Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The cruise.

never wanted to go on a cruise a day in my life...that is until February. An enticing advertisement popped up one day when I was surfing my daily sites. "Oasis of the Seas" was about all it said and as I recall had a few pictures. Captivated, I clicked. I proceeded to watch a 10 minute video about this awesome new ship that cost like 8 gajillion dollars and has all these mega cool things on it. It had two rock-climbing walls, two of those sweet surfing wave creating machines ("flow-riders"), a mini-golf course, a zipline, a spa, many amazing restaurants, a boardwalk with carousel, a full outdoor "aquatheatre" and so many other awesome things. I wanted to be on it right then. The advertising paid off I guess, I was hooked. I never wanted to go on a cruise a day in my life...until that day. Royal Caribbean's money seems to be well spent; that thing is worth the money just because of how cool it is:

The ship's maiden voyage was about 3 months before I had discovered it back in November 2009. I was so enthralled that I immediately added it to a mental bucket list of mine. I want to go on a cruise. Never did I expect to have the opportunity to go on one this year.

My good friend Liz and I were chatting over text one day and talking about vacations. I explained ours in August. Definitely Disney World is going to be awesome, but she explained hers. Leaving from Baltimore and going to Bermuda on a Royal Caribbean cruise! I was instantaneously jealous and yes I let her know. She returned with "Seth (her boyfriend) is still looking for a roommate." I didn't know what to say, it's one of those things where I wasn't sure if she was just being nice or if I was actually being welcomed. I mean really, who invites themselves on someone else's vacation, right? We talked about it for the next hour or so and before I knew it her mom and older sister were writing on my facebook wall trying to get me to say that I was coming. Without being sure or close to sure that I would be able to get the time off of work, I put off making a final decision. I got some confirmation from work and I requested the days off.

I'm going on a cruise! I'm so excited! I have a Royal Caribbean app on my iPod and I look at it every day. Is it healthy to be this excited about something 6 months away? Maybe not....but I don't care. The ship we're going to be on is a good bit smaller than Oasis and has fewer of those fun features but with the great company I know I'll have, I can not wait for this trip. The ship is called Enchantment of the Seas and it still has a rock-climbing wall:

It's going to be such a great trip. It helps me accomplish my #2 and #7 on my 25 before 24 list as well. :)

Current Music:

I'm All Over It
Jamie Cullum
The Pursuit

No comments:

Post a Comment