Monday, April 12, 2010

25 before 24.

Here it is, the list of twenty-five things I want to do before I turn twenty-four. I made most of them measurable so that I would be able to easily confirm each completion.

1. Read the Bible before Facebook every day, no exceptions.

  • This one is simple enough I think. If I don't read the Bible, I can't check Facebook.

2. Visit another country.

  • I have a few irons in the fire on this one, but for the first time since the two hours of Canada in 2004, I want to leave US soil for a while.

3. Re-learn French and get it fluent.

  • I learned some in middle/high school and loved it. Spanish would probably be more practical but I think I want French. I always liked it better.

4. Pay for a stranger's meal/gasoline.

  • Find a way to pay for someone in need.

5. Get to 180 pounds. (and maybe get a tan)

  • This is over 20 pounds from my current weight, so lose it and keep it off.

6. Find a good local group of friends.

  • I have few to name here in PA. I want to find a good close circle of friends I can see more than twice a year.

7. Go on a multi-day, multi-night trip without any members of my family.

  • This will likely fall in line with #2, but hopefully I have a few of these.

8. Find a new close friend I could tell a secret to.

  • Maybe in a new circle of friends?

9. Tell that person a great secret.

  • I think I have one in mind...

10. Read six books.

  • I'm working on the first one now, front-to-back; cover-to-cover. I want to develop a love for reading.

11. Learn to drive a stick.

  • My dad's Civic is the objective. I've always wanted to do it, what time is better than now?

12. Buy and learn to play two new instruments.

  • This is one of the most exciting for me. I just like to explore and learn about music.

13. Change my own oil and filter.

  • Not going to lie, I'm most apprehensive about this one probably. It's going to be a bit difficult I know, but I need to know how to more than drive that beast I call 'my car.'

14. Take a new favorite picture.

  • I just plain don't shoot enough. I want to shoot so much that I have a ton of new favorites.

15. Write at least six new songs, record at least one. If any of these songs is written for someone, I must play it for them.

  • I've had some block as of late but have been learning a lot of new things about music. I'm going to force myself to just write, no matter how trite or poor or average I may think of the song, I want to make a habit of writing.

16. Record a song with multiple instruments and mix it with Garageband.

  • Because I have this awesome new iMac I'm not fully utilizing.

17. Meet some people to jam with.

  • This goes right hand in hand with writing. I've always wanted to record and play with some close friends since I started playing 6 years ago.

18. Go for a 10 mile run.

  • The longest to date is 5.18 mi. It's going to be tough, but it must be done! For great justice!

19. Invest $500+ in stocks. Ride the market.

  • I've been wanting to get my feet wet with the market for some time. There is no better time for me than now.

20. Help Kellie with her homework six times.

  • I simply don't spend enough time serving my sister. This is one way I can start to do so more.

21. Give a Bose product as a gift to a non-relative.

  • Who wants to be the lucky recipient?

22. Learn to slow dance.

  • I might get married someday and this might be important. It'd be cool to know how before the occasion arrives.

23. Volunteer an entire day in service to someone else.

  • Whether it be physical or mental labor, devote an entire day to achieve someone elses end.

24. Go to a music festival or at least 4 concerts.

  • I'm hoping Bonnaroo, but if not I want to see a few of my favorite bands when they come around.

25. Give a Bible to a homeless person.

  • It's something I've wanted to do for years. I'd like to sit down to a meal with him and hear his/her story too.

So there you have it. :) I'm confident I can do all these, it'll be stretching but I'm not one for stagnancy. I'm growing where I am. I want a life full of rich experiences, just because I'm on my way doesn't mean I can't enjoy the ride.

Current Music:

Saving Grace
Tom Petty
Highway Companion

1 comment:

  1. wow Jay what a list!! #1 especially got me, what a great motto to live by, I'm going to put a post it on my computer & do the same...
    I think I could help you with #2,7,14,& 23! come visit Lee and I, and you can volunteer here and take lost of awesome pictures :)

    ReplyDelete